This transnational tour discovers one of the most remote and wild mountainous regions of the Western Balkans. With its variety of awe-inspiring landscapes of sheer cliffs and green valleys, picturesque traditional villages and crystal-clear mountain lakes, this is a true “hidden treasure” for hikers and nature lovers. The itinerary covers the traditional villages of Rugova Valley, the northernmost Albanian region Kelmend, Valbona National park from where we cross from Montenegro to stand in awe to the sheer rock cliffs of the Prokletije Mountains around Grbaja.
The tour leads us on a great adventure to the historic city of Shkodra, magical beach of the Adriatic sea, spectacular ferry boat crusing in Komani Lake and the delicious local food of Kosovo, Montenegro and Albania.
• Hikes: 3x moderate (3-5h), 2x demanding (7-8h)
• Overnight stays in family guesthouses with traditional cooked dishes.
• Via Ferrata “IRON ROAD” experience
• Hiking beyond borders in the national parks of Kosovo, Montenegro and Albania
• Jelenki pass (2.272m), Talijanka (2.056m)
• Authentic experiences with local encounters & insights into highland life on alpine pasture
• Swimming opportunities along the Valbona River, Plav and the Blue Eye, Adriatic sea
Duration: 8 days
Group Size: Min 6, Max. 16
Accommodation: Family-run guesthouses and pleasant hotels
Luggage Transfers: Yes
Day 1: KOSOVO – Trasfer from Prishtina airport to Peja 70 km.
Day 2: MONTENEGRO – Kuqishte, Jelenk, Babino Polje
Day 3: Babino Pole – Plav- Vuthaj
Day 4: Grbaja-Lepushe
Day 5: Lepushe-Shkoder-Velipoje
Day 6: Velipoje -Komane-Valbone
Day 7: Valbone-Rrogam-Valbona Springs
BRING WITH YOU
Wearing layers is always an advantage and provides comfort in the outdoors. If you have the suitable clothing and equipment according to the weather you will be able to enjoy every moment of the day, whether it rains or shines. If you avoid bringing unnecessary stuff you will not have to carry it with you all the time. Being in harmony with the nature will make your holiday more enjoyable.
Have a great trip and see you at see you at other Alternative Routes 🙂